Marrying in Scotland if you should be perhaps perhaps not residing in Scotland

Marrying in Scotland if you should be perhaps perhaps not residing in Scotland

If somebody located in England or Wales promises to get hitched in Scotland to either a person resident in Scotland or an individual resident in England and Wales who has got a moms and dad resident in Scotland, s/he might be in a position to offer notice of wedding to your superintendent registrar into the region of England and Wales for which s/he resides. Nonetheless, the individual s/he is marrying should give notice in Scotland in the typical means.

In the event that you or your spouse life outside the united kingdom (that is, you have got maybe not been resident for just two years before publishing the wedding notice), you need to submit utilizing the wedding notice a certification from your own nation saying there is no known legal impediment into the wedding. Should this be impossible, the registrar general may provide a appropriate alternative. If you don’t in English, such papers require an avowed english interpretation.

Marrying outside Scotland

If you’re resident in Scotland and you intend to marry elsewhere within the UK, you may want to have a Scottish registrar’s certificate of no impediment. It is to exhibit that there’s no barrier that will stop you from engaged and getting married.

You will have to comply with the requirements of the particular country if you wish to marry outside the UK. Info on this is acquired from an embassy or representative that is official of nation in britain.

You should consult an experienced adviser, for example at a Citizens Advice Bureau – where to get advice if you want information about whether or not a marriage outside the UK will be recognised in the UK. Read more